Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spanner Banner - Reaching higher heights



Veteran reggae artiste Spanner Banner's release of his most recent album I'm A Winner, in 2009, has revived his career. The baritone singer also said he'll be releasing the album's title track and a video shortly.

He may not command as much public attention like the current crop of young artistes, but Spanner Banner is still in his element as one of reggae music's front-runners. He made his entry into the music biz back in the 1980s with Life Goes On, produced by Winston Riley, and hasn't looked back since.

Now, after a quiet stint, Spanner Banner, whose brothers Richie Spice, Pliers, Snatcha Lion and Jah Mikes are all involved in music, revealed that he has a number of upcoming projects and also addressed the issue of his absence in music.

"Well, I wouldn't say that I was fully (absent). In January, I did Rebel Salute and I'm scheduled for several upcoming events, but it's just airplay that I'm finding problems with," he said.

The singer, whose career spans over two decades, has also signed a booking contract with Entertainment Konnections, which is a Negril-based company owned and operated by Ralston Barrett, a recognised personality in the local music industry.

Spanner Banner said he's optimistic about this partnership, and has already envision himself being blessed with show engagements in the near future.

"I can see endless possibilities. I'm already looking for more shows in the Caribbean and elsewhere. I put all my trust in this. That's what you get working with Ralston Barrett, who also happens to be my publicist," he added.

Spanner Banner said 2010 has been an okay year, but is confident this year will be of great benefit to his music career.

No comments:

Post a Comment