Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Protoje enjoying the fruits of his labour



Protoje has not taken time off from his busy schedule to relax. Although he is still receiving rave reviews for his debut album The 7 Year Itch, the singjay is back in studio releasing collaborations and working on his sophomore album.

Protoje said he has started recording material for his second album. The singjay, however, was tight-lipped about the title of the album and the details. He said: "The music is almost finished and I am about halfway in writing it. I have recorded one song so far. Hopefully next summer it should be out. But in the meantime, I really want to spend the year promoting The 7 Year Itch and make a bunch of videos for those songs first."

According to Protoje, fans can expect a video for his song No Lipstick coming in summer. He added: "The album is still doing well, people from all over the world have been responding and it continues to spread. I'm going to keep touring and promoting it. I have a tour coming up in Europe, which I'm looking forward to going back there. At the end of July, I have a couple of festivals as well."

Outside of shows and album work, Protoje was recently featured on two songs, Rub-A-Dub with Ky-Mani Marley and All Again with Keida. Rub-A-Dub makes the second collaboration with Marley, who appeared on Protoje's popular Rasta Love. He said, "when I went to Miami for Marley fest I had the track, it was supposed to be for my next album but because that's not till next year, Don (Corleon) decided to use it for Ky-Mani's album. We recorded it at the famous Circle House studio. It was only fitting, he was on my album so I got the chance to be on his."
He continued, "the Keida track now, people been wanting to see us together, on a song that is. We have a real good chemistry, we had a lot of fun doing that song and I wanted to connect with a more dancehall audience." According to the singjay, videos for Rub-A-Dub and All Again are forthcoming.

1 comment: