Tuesday, September 21, 2010

'One Day' riddim reaps rewards



(via The Jamaica Star)

Its success was not planned and the production time was certainly short, but producer Seanizzle has been getting several hits off his 'One Day' rhythm which was released earlier this year.

The producer said he made the rhythm on April 22, and by April 25 it was ready for release.

"All of the songs were recorded in one day. My song on it was called One Day and the rhythm was made in one day. When mi look pon everything, mi seh this must be a sign, so mi just call it 'One Day'," he told THE STAR, saying recording started at 10 a.m. and finished 3:30 a.m. the following morning.

The songs on the rhythm - many of which are hits -include Seanizzle's One Day, Beenie Man's I'm Ok, Mr G's Swaggerific, ZJ Liquid's Wifey Walk Out, Khago's Nah Sell Out, Twin of Twins' Don't Tell Nobody and Future Fambo's I'm Drinking Rum, featuring Beenie Man. Afterwards, he produced Gary Snipes' Poor No More.

Although it was not planned, Seanizzle said he believed the rhythm would have reaped some level of success.

"I felt it from I was building the rhythm. I just think it is my time where this is concerned. All of the songs, I felt it from my heart that they were hits," he said.

"It's a tremendous feeling. I've been doing this for a while now. This is just one of the rhythms I've been waiting on to take me to the level I want to be at."

He has followed up the 'One Day' with 'Split Personality' rhythm, which premiered over the weekend. The rhythm is jam-packed with 15 songs from artistes like Beenie Man, Pretty Kitty, Mavado, Serani, Seanizzle, Ryno, Mr G, Charly Black, Future Fambo, Lukie D, Baby Chris, Dreama, G-Whizz, Richie Stephens, ZJ Liquid, O-Octane, Zamunda and Tony Matterhorn.

"It look like the next banger. I think it's gonna be bigger than 'One Day'. The songs are really catchy and they have some unique stuff about it. It have a different kind of vibe and personality, so that's why it get the name," Seanizzle told THE STAR.





No comments:

Post a Comment