Sunday, April 17, 2011

Barrington Levy To Release Final Album



Having had several albums to his name, Barrington Levy says that his latest project will be his last.

The album, which is to be titled It's About Time, will be available for purchase this Fall.

Levy said, "It's my final album that I'll be putting out. I'll still be touring, I'll be singing and putting out singles, but I don't think I'm going to put out any album."

The album will feature several collaborations with local and international artistes such as Beres Hammond, Buju Banton, Wyclef Jean, Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymes and Jadakiss.

Levy also recently teamed with Vybz Kartel and Khago on the track Gangsters, which is the soundtrack for an upcoming movie Gangstas in which he plays a lead role.

He spoke of how the collaboration came about saying, "I did the song in Philadelphia and after I finished my hook, then I said, who we going have on the song? we said Kartel, and Khago is showing that he's a good artiste, so they were perfect."

A remix for Gangsters is also being done with another overseas artiste.

He said he will continue to work with the younger generations of artistes as he thinks they have a lot of potential.

"I don't look at myself as no veteran artiste, I see myself as a singer in the business who love what I do. All these times you say you not hearing from Barrington Levy, is not like I'm not doing nothing because I've been voicing a lot. Believe you me, see the next generation of artistes after Kartel, if I'm up and healthy, I'm going to do something with them because there is no boundary," he said.

According to Levy, the song has been getting better reception overseas than in Jamaica as it has been receiving a lot of airplay on Hot 97, among other radio stations throughout areas such as Boston, Philadelphia and New York.

"People have been calling in and requesting the song on the radio over there a lot. We not talking about the average Jamaican person, we're talking white people," said Levy.

He also hinted that because the song is fairly new to Jamaican listeners they are not yet accustomed to it. It has been doing well in the Jamaican streets, however, and they have also been busy promoting the song.

The filming of Gangstas is scheduled to begin in May, and Levy is excited.

"The movie is coming along quite fine. I'm actually looking forward to start shooting the movie," he said.

He went on to say that this is his first movie venture and he is very excited about it because he has wanted to do a movie for quite a while.

"I'm definitely looking forward to this," said Levy.
'The movie is coming along quite fine. I'm actually looking forward to start shooting the movie'

No comments:

Post a Comment