Friday, April 15, 2011

Popular Selector, Maestro Leaves Swatch International



After 18 years with Swatch International, popular selector Maestro yesterday announced a split from the sound system.

Maestro, who was one of the frontmen for Swatch International, disclosed that he had left the sound system via a broadcast message on BlackBerry messenger.

In the message, he said, "it's now official Hotta Maestro is no longer a part of Swatch Int'l sound system. From now on, I will be happily doing my own thing and conducting my own business earning my own profits and building my own career."

He continued, "it's been a glorious 18 years working and building Swatch International and I'm very grateful for the time I spent with this entity and wish them all the best. As for my fans all over the world, I'll be out and bad, bigger and better. Thank you all for understanding."

When contacted for a comment, Maestro said he was not ready to say anything about the matter, but confirmed that he had sent out the broadcast message.

"It is what it is. I did send out the broadcast. Maybe at a later date, I will be able to give you some info."

The west Kingston-based Swatch International was started by O'neil Miles in 1991. After playing at various locations around Jamaica, it got even more popular when Miles started Passa Passa in 2003. With the sale of Passa Passa CDs and DVDs, the sound system also gained notoriety.

Swatch International has played in countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan, Canada and the Caribbean.

No comments:

Post a Comment